Gaine Healthcare specializes in Enterprise Data Management with a focus on the Healthcare and Life Sciences industries. We are passionate about improving the healthcare system, and we offer the opportunity to gain a wide range of technical and business experiences in a dynamic, energetic environment. We have the expertise of a well-established company combined with a high-growth model that creates the exciting dynamic of a startup. Gaine is headquartered in San Luis Obispo, CA and we are currently looking for applicants to better support our nationwide customer base. The current Technical Consultant position is based in Austin, TX.
At Gaine, Technical Consultants are responsible for implementing Gaine’s products in support of customer requirements. This may involve helping to educate customer personnel on the best way to leverage existing product capabilities. Some cases may require you to implement solutions that enhance or extend existing product capabilities to address solution gaps. Successful solution implementation requires a combination of technical skills and customer interaction skills. Technical skills are required to perform application installs, software configuration and troubleshooting/diagnosis of application and server related issues. Technical consultants may also perform application development tasks in support of enhancing proprietary software features or implementing customer-specific business logic. Customer interaction skills are required to help educate customers on key product concepts and techniques as well as to effectively mentor customers through solution implementation.
A key requirement of this role is to be able to both understand how to implement technical solutions and remain conscientious of how well the technical solution addresses the customer’s stated requirements. If new considerations emerge during the implementation effort the technical consultant must be able to identify and communicate those new considerations to Gaine’s engagement leadership so we can determine the most effective course of action for resolution.
The specific tasks involved in solution implementation will vary across customers and projects however in general a Technical Consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Review solution requirements and obtain clarifications as needed to understand the requirement and expected results before accepting implementation tasks.
- Develop delivery estimates to predict the time required to implement solution requirements.
- Select or develop high-level technical approach that will best deliver the solution requirements and confirm this approach with your technical lead.
- Implement the technical solution in a manner that addresses the defined requirements.
- Validate that the implemented solution meets the expectations.
- Communicate details of technical implementation in a manner that effective documentation of the development and/or configuration effort performed.
Additionally, technical consultants collaborate with Gaine company, product and engagement leadership to provide input on opportunities to improve Gaine’s products and services based on insights gained from working with internal and external teams to deliver solutions.
The Technical Consultant must possess a detailed understanding of application development and database development tools and techniques. The specific tools and techniques required will evolve as Gaine’s products continue to evolve however a representative list of tools and techniques is provided below.
- SQL data model querying and model interpretation
- SQL development including dynamic SQL
- SQL Server (including Management Studio and Data Tools)
- C# application coding
- Web service development and/or consumption.
- Source control (i.e. Visual Studio, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- A wide variety of file formats including but not limited to JSON, XML, CSV, tab delimited and fixed width.
The specific range of knowledge across these tools/techniques and the depth of knowledge within a given tool/technique will vary by individual. Career progression within the technical consultant track is dependent on the Technical Consultant’s ability to master a combination of technical breadth and technical breadth that allows them to solve technical implementation challenges with increasing levels of self-sufficiency and quality.
Entry-level technical consultants are expected to have relevant education and experience in one of Gaine’s implementation tools/techniques. Experienced technical consultants will have demonstrated experienced with multiple tools and techniques as well as demonstrated experience applying those techniques to implementation of customer solutions. Experienced consultants will also have proven their mastery through multiple customer engagements that demonstrate the ability to handle varying levels of solution complexity and knowledge across multiple facets of Gaine’s core product features.
Implement solutions that meet defined project/product requirements with respect to functional and technical outcomes. Possesses the ability to accomplish work within expected timelines or proactively notifies engagement leadership to communicate risks to timely delivery.
Thinks through technical implementation details to identify potential disconnects between solution requirements and technical feasibility within the desired timeframe.
Evaluates whether implemented technical solution performs in a manner that will meet common security, performance, maintainability standards.
Evaluate whether requirements are enough to define what implementation is required.
There is no expectation of this position to have prior knowledge of the business processes within a given customer’s industry, however it is expected that individuals in this role will actively acquire industry knowledge through a combination of independent research, use of company resources and being attentive to the learning opportunities that occur in the course of customer interactions.
Specific areas of learning that this position should seek to obtain over time include the following business domains:
- Healthcare – provider management, member enrollment and claims management.
- Life Sciences – clinical trial management, patient mastering, prescriber mastering.
- Software – subscription business model, enterprise software implementation.
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on the latest innovations in solutions for healthcare.