Content Marketing Writer – Data, Healthcare, Life sciences
Do you have a way with words? Can you explain complex data management and healthcare-life sciences business concepts in plain English to a variety of audiences? Do clarity errors drive you nuts? Do you hate overly complex explanations of things that should be simple to explain?
Gaine is searching for a talented, thoughtful, impactful writer who can make our products and services understandable and accessible to a variety of audiences through long-form and short-form assets. You will be writing lots of stuff: white papers, solution briefs, blog posts, social media (mostly LinkedIn) and digital copy to support Account Based Marketing and digital outreaches. And of course, web site content. You will be assigned projects by our product marketing leader as well as other leadership staff from time to time.
This is a 30 hour per week 1099 remote contract to start. There is a possibility for more hours or transition to a f/t salaried position. Rate or retainer DOE.
- Interview sources, including product developers, company executives, partner companies, customers, and industry analysts.
- Develop industry contacts to write testimonials and share how Gaine is making an impact.
- Create, edit, and revise customer-facing materials as solo projects or with other team members.
- Act as copy and developmental editor for writing from other team members.
- Have a sharp eye for developmental and copy editing, with a realistic, balanced understanding of “perfection” versus delivery speed.
- Assist with scriptwriting for explainer videos, verifying that our products and services and position in the market is accurately represented. You need a firm understanding of spoken word scripts that pierce the noise, are 30 to 60 seconds long, and not boring.
- Collaborate with other teams, including product marketing, product design, and engineering leadership, to ensure cohesive branding and public relations.
- Work remotely and independently within deadlines and using project management tools like Jira and Trello.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and more than 5-years’ experience delivering content that has explained, taught, sold, and impressed a wide variety of audience personas in the tech, healthcare, and/or life sciences space.
- Familiarity with a major style guide.
- A link to a truly boffo portfolio that explains your role in each piece you show.
- Deep experience working with designers and artists on your projects.
- Healthcare and/or Life sciences experience
- Jira user or power user
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on the latest innovations in solutions for healthcare.